Our Local Plan has now been submitted for examination.

Home Electrical Work

Building Regulations cover major domestic electrical work.

Electrical work

Building Regulations cover major work such as the installation of powered gates, garden lighting, pond pumps, lighting and power points in sheds and greenhouses. Household re-wiring is also covered.

It does not however include minor work such as repairs to electrical power points.

The best way to comply with the legislation is to have any home electrical work carried out by an electrician who is registered with a Competent Persons Scheme which is a registration scheme similar to the Gas Safety Register for gas fitters.

The alternative is to make a Building Notice Application to the council specifically to cover new electrical work. There is a fee involved to cover the cost of an inspection of the completed work and also the issue of a Completion Certificate. A Completion Certificate is a vital document when attempting to buy or sell a property. It proves the building work carried out has been approved and that is complies with the legislation of the time.

The aim of the new regulations is to make sure that electrical installations are carried out safely by competent people.

Powered by GOSS iCM