Advice for Neighbours

If you are a neighbour to a HMO and have concerns about the living conditions of the property, please contact the council.

Photo of Worcester Road, Hatfield

It can be unsightly living next door to a property which is in a poor state of repair or has an untidy garden or constant build up of rubbish.

If you are a neighbour to a property and have concerns about it's general and/or living conditions - including any noise nuisance from the occupants- we can offer you advice.

If you are concerned about a property which you know is a council owned property, please visit the council housing help and advice pages.

If there is a constant build up of rubbish within the boundary of your neighbour's property and it is attracting pests or may be a risk to health find out more about how we can help, please visit our page on rubbish as a health risk.

We have powers to deal with noise nuisance which is causing distress. If your neighbour is causing a noise nuisance find out more about how we can help, please visit our page on noise complaints.

Anti-social behaviour
If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour from your neighbours Welwyn Hatfield Community Housing Trust deal can offer you help and advice. They will work with you and others to resolve problems and prevent them happening again.

The Trust works with other organisations including the police, housing associations and local groups to prevent anti-social behaviour and to deal with its effects.

  • Provide you with support during the course of our investigations and keep you informed of any developments.

If you have a problem, you can contact either the Leasehold Services Team or the Community Development Team on 01707 357000. Please be assured that any enquiries will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.

Overcrowding and/or illegal occupants
If you are next to a private rented property which you think is overcrowded or is occupied illegally, please contact the private sector housing team. We can arrange an inspection of the property and will contact the landlord where there is a problem

Powered by GOSS iCM