We have been made aware that some business are receiving emails from rating agents offering a free assessment to see if you have been overcharged business rates due to  the 2017 revaluation. Ratepayers do not have to be represented in these discussions regarding their rateable value of their rates bill which can be done directly with the Valuation Office Agency or by contacting the business rates office. 

If you do decide to employ a rates adviser then you should check they have the necessary knowledge and expertise as well as appropriate indemnity insurance.

Moving premises?

You must notify us of your new details if you pay business rates.

If you are moving into the borough or changing your address you can inform us by either contacting us direct or by completing a Change of Occupation form and sending it to us.

You can download a form from this page and post it to or complete it online (word version) and email it to us .

Powered by GOSS iCM