Apply for permission - Planning and Estate Management
Always check the requirements for the type of application you are making. Failure to do so will delay your application. Planning applications can be submitted or make a Pre-Application Enquiry by clicking the relevant button below.
Application requirements - what you will need to provide with your Planning or Estate Management consent application
- That an application cannot be progressed until all the necessary supporting information and the appropriate fee is received.
- We will only accept properly licensed Ordnance Survey plans. You can buy an accredited Map through the Planning Portal.
- Include the correct application fee
- Draw up your plans (include horizontal and vertical sliding scales, drawing numbers and paper size). View Maps, Plans & Planning Applications: What to Submit. Please ensure the map supplied is properly licensed. If you are considering employing an architect ensure they are registered with the Architects Registration Board - the government body which maintains the Register listing every architect in the UK.
- Look to see if you need a design and access statement.
- Give notice to the land owner if this is not you.
- Consider what Planning Considerations might affect your plans.
- Read the relevant validation checklist attached to the application to see what information you need to provide.
|Type of Application||Guidance Notes||Validation Checklist|
|National Requirements (applies to all applications)||National Requirements amended [138KB]|
|Advertisement Consent||Guidance Notes12||Validation Checklist - List 3 [194KB]|
|Approval of Details Reserved by Condition (Discharge of a Condition on a Planning Permission)||Guidance Notes27||Information requirements will be dependent upon matters being discharged.|
|Conservation Area - Planning Permission for Relevant Demolition in a Conservation Area||Guidance Notes10||Validation Checklist - List 1 [274KB]|
|Estate Management Scheme - Welwyn Garden City||Validation Checklist - Estate Management Scheme [31KB]|
|Full Planning Permission||Guidance Notes04||Validation Checklist - List 1 [274KB]|
|Householder Planning Application||Guidance Notes01||Validation Checklist - List 2 [219KB]|
|Lawful Development Certificate for an Existing use or Operation or Activity including those in Breach of a Planning Condition||Guidance Notes14||Validation Checklist - List 4 [121KB]|
|Lawful Development Certificate for a Proposed Use or Development||Guidance Notes15||Validation Checklist - List 4 [121KB]|
|Listed Building Consent for Alterations, Extensions or Demolition of a Listed Building||Guidance Notes11|
|Non-material Changes form (Application for Minor Changes to a Planning Permission||Guidance Notes034||Validation Checklist - List 5 [126KB]|
|Outline Planning Permission with some Matters Reserved||Guidance Notes05||Validation Checklist - List 1 [274KB]|
|Outline Planning Permission with all Matters Reserved||Guidance Notes06||Validation Checklist - List 1 [274KB]|
|Prior Notification - Agricultural Related||Prior notification – Agricultural related Guidance Note||Validation Checklist - List 5 [126KB]|
|Prior Approval - Change of Use from Agricultural Building to Flexible Use||Validation Checklist - List 5 [126KB]|
|Prior Approval - Change of Use from Office to Residential||Validation Checklist - List 5 [126KB]|
|Prior Approval - Change of Use to State Funded School||Validation Checklist - List 5 [126KB]|
|Prior Approval - Large Householder Extension||Validation Checklist - List 5 [126KB]|
|Prior Approval - Telecommunications||Prior notification – Telecommunications Guidance Note||Validation Checklist - List 5 [126KB]|
|Removal or Variation of a Condition following Grant of Planning Permission||Guidance Notes25||Validation Checklist - List 5 [126KB]|
|Reserved Matters||Reserved Matters Guidance Note|
Information requirements will be dependent upon matters being discharged.
|Works to Trees Subject to a Tree Preservation Order (TPO) and/or Notification of Proposed Works to Trees in Conservation Areas||Validation Checklist - List 5 [126KB]|
- Application form for stopping up or diversion of footpath or bridleway under s.257 of The Town and Country Planning Act 1990 [42KB] | Guidance Notes - Footpath Diversion Orders [56KB]
- Modification or Discharge of Planning Obligations [122KB]
Once you've submitted your application
You also may need to apply for building regulation consent or other consent. Refer to our advice on altering your home.
Please contact us if you need any help.