Find out who can make a request and how to do this.
We can only provide CCTV in response to requests from:
- The Police
- statutory authorities with powers to prosecute such as Customs and Excise or Trading Standards
- other agencies agreed by the Data Controller
There is a charge of £100 per camera for the footage.
Members of the public can only request Council owned CCTV footage if:
- they are a claimant in civil proceedings
- are an accused person or defendant in criminal proceedings
- or, it is deemed to be in the interests of the public, and they can provide accurate information about the time (to within an hour), date and place of the incident they are requesting footage of. The content of what will be provided by WHBC is limited to still images of themselves and themselves only. We are unable to provide images of other people or vehicles as they are protected information. Evidence of who you are and the purpose for requesting this information will be required before information is released or shared.
CCTV recordings will only be available up to 28 days after the event from a fully functioning camera and up to 14 days on a relocatable camera. You will only be provided with footage relating to that specific investigation.
You will not be charged for a Subject Access Request.