The Council's Commitment
8. The Council is committed to the principles of good governance and wishes to confirm its ongoing commitment and intentions through this Local Code of Governance.
9. This Code sets out and describes the Council's commitment to governance and identifies the arrangements that have been and will continue to be made to ensure its ongoing effective implementation and application in all aspects of the Council's work.
10. Accordingly, the Council will test its arrangements by:-
- reviewing its existing governance arrangements against this revised code,
- maintaining an up-to-date local code of governance including arrangements for ensuring its ongoing application and effectiveness,
- on an annual basis, prepare a governance statement in order to report publicly on the extent to which the Council complies with this code, including how the effectiveness of its governance arrangements have been monitored in the year and on any planned changes in the coming period.