Closed church burial grounds
We have some responsibilities for these grounds as they are closed to further burials by Order in Council under the Burial Act 1853.
- grounds Maintenance, including hedges, trees and grass cutting
- boundary walls and paths
- memorial stability testing every five years.
You can contact us about these issues.
These do not include:
- fly tipping within the churchyard
- theft of items
- queries regarding the church and its retaining walls
- queries regarding existing and future burials/interments
- deed holder information.
You should contact the church about these issues.