Permits and Regulations
A memorial can provide focus for personal memories to visit and reflect on happy times. The Lawn and Hatfield Hyde cemeteries offer a range of memorials to allow families to remember a loved one.
You can view the memorial options in our Cemetery Brochure.
You will need to get permission from us to put up or make changes to a memorial.
There are strict Rules and Regulations on the size and location of memorials at the Lawn and Hyde Cemetery.
We can give you technical advice to make sure your memorial meets the cemetery regulations and provides a lasting remembrance of a loved one.
Apply to put up or make changes to a memorial (Memorial Permit)
To put up or make any changes (including adding an inscription or any renovation) to a memorial, vase or kerb in our cemeteries follow the steps below.
- Check the memorial or any changes you want to make follow the Cemetery rules and regulations
- Complete a memorial form by clicking the link below and send it back to us.
- The registered grave owner/deed owner must sign the memorial form.
- You must include the correct fee.
Please note that:
- Due to data protection, we are not able to provide details of grave or license holders.
- All memorials must be fitted by a National Association of Memorial Masons (NAMM) approved Stone Masonry company.
- A permit will not be issued until the full fee is paid and all details provided are to the council's satisfaction
Memorial Permits are not needed for:
- temporary items such as a wooden cross or marker
- memorials which are directly provided by the council.