Updates and changes to food and drink and taxi licensing in response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).

If you need further information about a licensing application on our register please email us at licensing@welhat.gov.uk.

If you wish to make a representation please email us at licensing@welhat.gov.uk.

The Hospitality industry and off-sales

Food and drink businesses can now apply for a pavement licence to to put removable furniture on the pavement adjacent to their premises in order to sell or serve food and drink, or for people to sit at to consume food and drink.

For more help and advice please email us at e.health@welhat.gov.uk or call us 01707 357 242.

Leaders across the hospitality industry have also produced some helpful question and answers.

Hackney Carriages

Should check Coronavirus (COVID-19): taxis and PHVs for the latest government advice on how to protect against coronavirus.

For information on whether you MAY be eligible for a local business grant please see our Business grants page.


Updated: 16 March 2021