Application are cancelled if we give you a secure tenancy, or a local Registered Provider has given you an assured tenancy or starter tenancy.
We can cancel applications if you:
- ask us to cancel your application
- are re-housed as a result of being made an offer of secure accommodation from the council, an Registered Provider or another Local Authority
- have a sole application that is being replaced by a joint one, or vice versa (see further explanation below)
- are no longer permitted by law to remain on the Housing Needs Register
- have not told us that you have changed address and we are unable to contact you
- have succeeded to or been assigned a secure tenancy or an assured tenancy of a local Registered Provider
- have had a secure tenancy or an assured tenancy of a local Registered Provider vested in your name
- are a secure tenant or Registered Provider tenant and buy your current property under the Right to Buy or Right to Acquire
- are a secure tenant and mutually exchange to another property we will cancel your application unless you tell us you want to remain on the Housing Needs Register
- are a secure or Registered Provider tenant and have given up your property or been evicted
- have not made a bid on the Herts Choice Homes scheme for 6 months or more. An exception will be made for those who are:
- waiting to downsize from a council/Housing Association tenancy as a result of under occupation
- living in general needs accommodation who wish to move to sheltered accommodation
- care leavers we are dealing with under the Joint Housing Protocol with Hertfordshire Council Council
- living in supported housing schemes who are not ready to move on
- have a change of circumstances which means you no longer qualify for the Housing Needs Register.
Can I reapply after my application has been cancelled?
You can reapply to join the Housing Needs Register but your new application will not usually be backdated and may not be included in the same priority banding as before.