Addressing environmental issues that affect our tenants and leaseholders.
The Tenants' Panel Communications sub-group focuses on matters regarding environmental issues which are raised at Tenants' Panel meetings. Examples of issues that are discussed include refuse, recycling, parking and other community projects. The group are also responsible for judging the annual gardening competition.
- Improve communication
- Improve the provision of information
- Offer help, support and advice to colleagues
- Promote tenant participation in decision making
- Ensure the group is fully informed of changes to legislation affecting people in the Environment of Welwyn Hatfield
- Encourage a good working relationship between tenants, the Tenants' Panel, and the council, promoting a joined up approach.
Membership will be open to Tenants' Panel members and by invitation to council tenants and leaseholders. The group also reserves the right to invite and involve organisations from both the voluntary and the public sector that can assist in achieving its overall objectives. For practicality, the maximum number of members is 10.
On occasion, the group may form a sub-group to coordinate specific ad-hoc tasks and projects.
Meetings are held every three months and the Agenda for each meeting is decided at least a week in advance.
The Chair of the meeting, with assistance from the Community Development team, facilitates and prepares information on behalf of the group. This consists of taking notes, booking venues and speakers and undertaking any other duties as deemed necessary for each meeting. A report is written following each meeting which is formally presented at the next Tenants' Panel meeting.