The first point of contact to address the Tenants' Panel Constitution, Terms of References, Welwyn Hatfield Tenants' Compact, Code of Conduct and any other documentation that governs the Tenants' Panel.
The Tenants' Panel Governance sub-group is responsible for ensuring that all governing documentation, processes and procedures are in place in order for Welwyn Hatfield Tenants' Panel to operate in an official capacity.
- Promote good practice in all forms of documentation
- Improve communication
- Improve the provision of information
- Offer help, support and advice to colleagues
- Promote tenant participation in decision making
- Ensure the group is fully informed of changes to legislation, policy, structures affecting tenants and leaseholders of Welwyn and Hatfield
- Encourage a good working relationship between tenants, the Tenants Panel, and the Council promoting a joined up approach.
Membership will be open to Tenants' Panel members and by invitation to council tenants and leaseholders. The group also reserves the right to invite and involve organisations from both the voluntary and the public sector that can assist in achieving its overall objectives. For practicality, the maximum number of members is 10.
On occasion, the group may form a sub-group to coordinate specific ad-hoc tasks and projects.
Meetings are held every three months and the Agenda for each meeting is decided at least a week in advance.
The Chair of the meeting, with assistance from the Community Development team, facilitates and prepares information on behalf of the group. This consists of taking notes, booking venues and speakers and undertaking any other duties as deemed necessary for each meeting. A report is written following each meeting which is formally presented at the next Tenants' Panel meeting.