Who can apply?
The following criteria must be met for a business to be eligible for CARF funding.
- Relief cannot be awarded to ratepayers who for the same period of the relief either are or would have been eligible for the Extended Retail Discount (covering Retail, Hospitality and Leisure), the Nursery Discount.
- Relief cannot be awarded to a property for a period when it is unoccupied (other than those which have become closed temporarily due to the government’s advice on COVID-19, which will be treated as occupied for the purposes of this relief).
- Support must be directed towards ratepayers who have been adversely affected by the pandemic and have been unable to adequately adapt to that impact.
- The ratepayer is not entitled to 100% small business rate relief or rural rate relief.
- The ratepayer is not entitled to mandatory and/or discretionary rate relief, totalling 100%.