Community Fund Projects
In partnership with the Housing Maintenance Team, we are able to help fund a number of community projects each year.
We can help with your chosen community project by providing materials and using volunteers from both the Housing Maintenance Team and the Mears workforce.
We work alongside residents and other volunteers, empowering people to make a real difference to the community in which they live. The maximum funding per project is £1,000.
Who is eligible
We can only help fund projects in the Welwyn Hatfield borough and do not recommend that you start your project until your application has been approved.
Projects we can support:
- improve the lives of people living within our communities
- reduce prejudice and improve understanding of differences within our diverse communities
- make an improvement to our environment.
Examples of projects that have been completed before include:
- improvement works to community buildings
- landscaping and grounds improvements to areas accessed by the community
- improving storage facilities at a local playgroup
- assistance with creating community allotments.
Apply for support from the Community Fund
You can apply at any point during the year.
Before submitting an application we advise all applicants to speak to our Housing Maintenance Team about your eligibility for assistance.
After an application is submitted:
- The Community Fund Panel will consider all applications and a member of the Panel will contact you to arrange a visit and discuss your project further.
- The Community Fund Panel will present recommended applications to the Housing Maintenance Team Management Board for approval.
- You may be offered parts of the work in your application if there isn't the capacity to complete the entire project.
- The main contact on the application form will be notified in writing whether your request for funding has been successful or not.
- We aim to inform you of the Panel's decision within 8 weeks and the notification letter will also include an estimated timescale for any works.