Healthcare Parking Permits
All Zones Healthcare Parking Permits allow a professonal healthcarer to carry out homecare visits to residents within on street paarking permit zones.
The permits last for one year and can be renewed.
To be eligible for a Healthcare Parking Permit
You should be providing a service to multiple residents within the Borough for medical needs.
If your organisation's name does not appear on our permit system contact us so we can check you are eligible.
Apply for a Healthcare Parking Permit
You will need:
- a headed letter confirming the organisation you work for
- proof the vehicle is registered/insured to you
Follow the steps below:
- click on 'Apply for a permit'
- select 'I am a Community Medical Healthcare Provider'
- choose 'All Zones – Healthcare Permit' from the Street Name section
- select your organisation’s name from the 'Property
- enter the postcode and click “search”
- complete the rest of application and then make the payment
What the permit covers:
- parking in on street in resident permit zones to carry out home visits within Welwyn Hatfield only
What the permit does not cover:
- parking outside the borough of Welwyn Hatfield
- parking in car parks and other parking restriction areas such as yellow lines or time limit bays (1 hour bays)
- parking in order to work within the usual place of work such as a doctors surgery*
*Surgery staff wanting to park near the practice should apply for a business permit priced at £245 per year instead.