Service design will put customers at the heart of processes using nationally recognised standards*.
We will start each design with an understanding of customer needs and service demand. We will also ensure that online services meet accessibility standards**.
Our service design will be based around our 15 Digital Principles set out in Appendix A. We will use an iterative service design cycle to continuously review and improve services.
What we will do:
- Soft market test, procure and implement a single digital platform
- Review our use of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and related systems and explore options for a central view of the customer during the soft market testing period
- Develop and improve existing web forms and portals
- Review our website, including third party systems accessible through it, to ensure it meets accessibility standards
- Undertake process mapping and analysis to inform priorities, service design and delivery
- Design a high level project plan and road map for digitalisation
- Engage with third party providers on Application
- Programme Interfaces (APIs) and other integration options
- Develop and integrate systems to provide customers with intuitive, consistent front-end access to our services
*Local Government Digital Service Standards.
**The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.