Information Request policy
Overall responsibility for the efficient administration of the Acts lies with the Principal Governance Officer.
Their duties include:
- Ensuring that the Council complies with its obligations under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
- Identify and monitor responses and procedures and adapt these to meet best practice.
- Offer guidance to staff on Information request issues.
- Co-ordinate and monitor information requests.
- Develop and revise the Model Publication Scheme in conjunction with the appropriate staff.
All Managers must comply with this policy and are responsible for ensuring that:
- All information they hold, whether electronically or manually is kept secure.
- All information is retained in accordance with their specific service’s retention policies.
- Personal information is not disclosed deliberately or accidentally either orally or in writing to any unauthorised third party
- requested information is collated by themselves or delegated to a member of their team.