Annual Community Grants
Our Annual Community Grants fund projects that make a positive impact on the community.
Local organisations can apply for up to £20,000* to support projects that benefit the residents of Welwyn Hatfield.
Applications closed on 2 November 2023.
Applications will be reviewed by the Grants Board in December 2023.
*Funding applications over £20,000 will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.
If you have any questions contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07880 012 275.
Applications will be not be considered from:
- commercial/profit making organisations
- Town or Parish Councils
- projects deemed to be in place of statutory bodies
- national charities (unless the project is solely for the benefit of local residents)
- projects promoting political or religious beliefs
- projects asking for funding for individuals
- projects where the request is for 100% of the salary of an individual (However applications for contribution to a salary for a new post on a fixed term contract will be considered.)
- projects that have already taken place
- projects that do not benefit or are not based in the borough of Welwyn Hatfield
- projects that are requesting funding for temporary buildings or structures
- projects that directly conflict with the council’s priorities
- organisations that are publicly funded such as Schools and Universities, for projects for a select group of young people (but does consider projects benefiting the wider community)
- projects or organisations that were funded in the previous 24 months (unless agreed with the chair of the board prior to submission)
Funding requests for contributions to capital costs (such as new buildings) are also unlikely to be considered.