Tell us about a change to your property

Change to property (Business Rates)

The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) is responsible for valuing your property for Business Rates.

Contact us if:

  • If there has been a change to your property such an extension and we will arrange for the VOA to visit.

Contact the VOA if:

  • you believe the rateable value of your property is wrong.

Appealing a change to your property

If you have contacted the VOA but have not been able to agree a change, you can make an appeal to the Valuation Tribunal. It is free to make an appeal.

 You do not have to have representation at the tribunal.

If you do wish to have representation you should appoint a qualified member of either:

Business Rates appeals can only be backdated to 1 April 2015.

Business Rates

We are open: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 8.45am-5.15pm Tuesday 10am-5.15pm Friday 8.45am-4.45pm

Address: Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
Campus East
Welwyn Garden City

Telephone: 01707 357 000