Disposing of commercial waste

If you are a business in Welwyn Hatfield you must arrange to get your waste collected.

Storing commercial waste at your business

The Environmental Protection Act 1990 says you must store your waste properly. This might be in a container, skip or sack, depending on how much there is. It must not escape into the environment.

Disposing of commercial waste

You are also responsible for making sure your waste is disposed of legally, even if you pay someone else to do this.  You must use a registered waste carrier with a waste carrier's license.

You will also need to keep records (Waste Transfer Notes) to show you disposed of your waste responsibly. These should describe the type and amount of waste.

Arrange for the collection of commercial waste

You can contact Urbaser our waste partner to arrange a collection:

email: commercial@urbaser.co.uk

telephone: 01242 248 880 

If you use another company to collect your waste you must check they have a waste carrier's license:

Related commercial waste links