Hatfield Public Space Protection Order (PSPO)
The Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) that applies to Hatfield Town Centre and surrounding area has been extended until the end of July 2024.
It places restrictions on certain activities and includes the following prohibitions:
Person(s) within this area will not:
- Consume alcohol in a public place.
- Be in possession of an open vessel(s) of alcohol in a public place.
- Approach another person either verbally or through actions to beg from the other person.
- Loiter at or within ten metres of any pay machine (including banks, supermarkets and car parks) unless waiting legitimately to use the machine for the purpose it is designed for.
- Sit on the ground in a public place, street, highway or passage in a manner that may be perceived that you are inviting people to give you money.
- Urinate or defecate in a public place.
- Sleep in any public place which is or includes;
- open to the air
- within a vehicle for a sustained period
- within a car park
- a non-fixed structure including a caravan or a tent without the prior written consent of the owner or occupier of the land
IT IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE TO BREACH A CONDITION OF A PSPO
Residents, businesses and visitors are encouraged to report PSPO breaches to the police non-emergency number, 101.
What are the penalties?
Fixed Penalty Notices of up to £100 can be issued for breaches and persistent offenders can be prosecuted and fined up to £1,000.
If you have any questions, please call the ASB and Communities Team on 01707 357 706