Start-Up Community Grant
Welwyn Hatfield Start up Community Grant is a new grant funding opportunity which is available to new community and voluntary organisation from a range of sectors including music, dance, sport, youth, health and many more.
The grant is to help new organisations get assistance with administration required to set up a constituted organisation.
The funding will assist with:
- Constitution development/articles of memorandum
- Policy development, for example a safeguarding policy and diversity and inclusion policy
- Best practice operations/financial accounting, for example a business bank account with two unrelated signatories.
- Funding available up to £500.00
The funding is to help community and voluntary organisation have the correct policies and verified bank accounts in place so that they are eligible to apply for future funding opportunities.
Applications will be reviewed by the Grants Board.
If you have any questions contact us at email@example.com or call us on 07880 012 275
Applications will be not be considered from:
- commercial/profit making organisations
- Town or Parish Councils
- projects deemed to be in place of statutory bodies
- national charities (unless the project is solely for the benefit of local residents)
- projects promoting political or religious beliefs
- projects asking for funding for individuals
- projects that do not benefit or are not based in the borough of Welwyn Hatfield
- projects that are requesting funding for temporary buildings or structures
- projects that directly conflict with the council’s priorities
- organisations that are publicly funded such as Schools and Universities, for projects for a select group of young people (but does consider projects benefiting the wider community)