Pension Credit Council Tax rebate

If you get pension credit you may be able to get a rebate on your Council Tax.

Pension credit can be made up of Guarantee Credit and/or Savings Credit. What you get will depend on the age and income of you and your partner.


Guarantee Credit

Awarded to people over 60 who would otherwise get Income Support.

If you get Guarantee Credit you may be able to get 100% rebate on your council tax.


Savings Credit

Additional income for pensioners aged 65 and over who have some savings or a small private pension.

If you only get Savings Credit only, and have less than £16,000 in savings you may be able to get some council tax support. This will be depend on your income, savings and the amount of Savings Credit you get.

In some cases you may be able to get backdated benefit or support for up to three months if you get Pension Credit.


You can contact the Council Tax office at or 01707 357 000 if you have questions about this.