Single person discount for Council Tax

If you are the only person aged 18 or over living in your property, you can get a 25% discount off your council tax bill.

You will need to tell us:

  • the date you became the only adult living there
  • the forwarding address for anyone who has recently moved out.

We will send you a new bill once we have checked you qualify.

We will regularly review your discount. You will be sent an email asking you confirm your circumstances have not changed.

You must tell us straight away if:

  • someone else over the age of 18 moves in
  • a member of your household reaches 18.

Tell us about a change in circumstances.