Armed forces Council Tax discount

Members of visiting armed forces are not counted for Council Tax. If you are sub-letting part of your home to a member of a visiting force you may be able to apply for a discount.

To apply you will need to send us a copy of the certificate issued to you by your government.

A dependant must not be a British Citizen or permanent resident in the United Kingdom.

You need to complete a Council Tax Discount Claim Form. You can also get this form from the Council Tax office.