Report a change in circumstance (Council Tax)

You must tell us if:

  • someone moves in or out of your property and it changes your entitlement or discount
  • a discount, exemption, or your entitlement comes to an end

If you are not sure whether you need to tell us, contact us.

Find out more about discounts and exemptions.

Report a change in circumstance


Contacting us about someone else's account

If you are contacting us for someone else, we must have written consent from the account holder before we can talk to you.

If you call us or visit our office on someone else's behalf, the account holder must be there to give their consent.  

We have a duty to protect any personal information that we hold. This is governed by the Data Protection Act 2018. Visit our data protection page for more information.