Council Tax appeals
What you can appeal
You can make a Council Tax appeal if:
- the Council Tax Band of your property is incorrect
- the amount of Council Tax discount you get is incorrect
- you think your property should be exempt from Council Tax
- you have wrongly recieved a Council Tax bill
- you disagree with a Council Tax penalty
- the date shown on a completion notice is wrong.
You must carry on paying your Council Tax until your appeal is resolved.
Make a Council Tax appeal
Contact us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Appeal your Council Tax banding
Council Tax banding appeals should be made to the Valuation Office Agency (VOA).
After your Council Tax appeal
We may contact you if we need more information. We will aim to look into your appeal within 2 months.
If after 2 months:
- We reject your appeal
- We uphold your appeal but do nothing
- We have not made a decision
You can appeal to the Valuation Tribunal at Appeals@valuationtribunal.gov.uk or 0303 4458 100.
Visit the Valuation Tribunal Service website to find out more.