Speaking at a council meeting

Speaking at a Licensing or Development Management Committee

Development Management Committee

You can speak about planning applications at Development Management Committee.

Who can speak

  • some who has made a planning application (or their agent)
  • a member of the local parish council
  • anyone who has sent in written objections or observations about the application

Only one person in each category may speak.

For more details view the Public Speaking Guide.

How to speak

You should contact the Governance Services Team by 5pm the day before the meeting to register to speak.

Licensing Committee

You can also speak at a Licensing Committee. You do not have to submit written representations in advance.

Access for deaf and hard of hearing residents

We can supply signers for members of the public who are hard of hearing. Contact us beforehand to request a signer.

We also have a loop system in all our meeting rooms.