Information about how to make a complaint about a local Councillor.

If you want to complain about the conduct of a member of Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council or a member of any parish or town council within the borough of Welwyn Hatfield you must submit your complaint, together with any supporting evidence by post or by email to:


Margaret Martinus

Monitoring Officer

Telephone: 01707 357 575

Icon for pdf complaint form or further advice on can be obtained on this website or from the Monitoring Officer. The Monitoring Officer can also be contacted if you require further advice on the procedure. 

The above process can only deal with complaints about the behaviour of a member. It will not deal with complaints about things that are not covered by the members' Icon for pdf Code of Conduct. If you make a complaint to the assessment sub-committee it must be about why you think a member has not followed the Code of Conduct.