Members of visiting armed forces

In order to qualify for the exemption you will need to send us a copy of the certificate issued to you by your government. A dependant must not be a British Citizen or permanent resident in the United Kingdom.

If you are sub-letting part of your home to a member of a visiting force they are not counted. Therefore, you may be entitled to a discount.

You need to complete a Icon for pdf Council Tax Discount Claim Form  which is also available from the Council Tax office.