What we regulate
We regulate some factories and other businesses in order to:
- reduce any pollution they may cause
- and help improve air quality
These premises must apply to us for a permit.
The premises are known as 'installations'.
There are different classifications of installations:
- Part B (air pollution is regulated by local authorites)
- Part A2 (additional pollution such as noise and vibration, waste, water pollution is also regulated)
- Part A1 (usually larger or more complex industries regulated by the Environment Agency).