Safety Advisory Team
The Safety Advisory Team (SAT) includes officers from:
- Welwyn Hatfield Council
- Hertfordshire Constabulary
- Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service
- East of England Ambulance Service
- Hertfordshire Highways
- Hertfordshire County Council Emergency Planning Team
Other agencies join the group for specific events as required.
- provides a forum for discussing and advising on public safety at an event
- advise organisers on the planning, and the management of an event
- support discussion with agencies to help ensure the event organiser holds a safe event
We do not:
- have any legal powers or responsibilities and are not empowered to approve or prevent an event
- provide an event planning team
- provide a “competent person” for the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
If you are organising an event:
- you should complete an Event Notification Form (ENF) and send it to us at SafetyAdvisoryTeam@welhat.gov.ukSafetyAdvisoryTeam@welhat.gov.uk at least 4 weeks before your event.
- we will then consider the event advise the event co-ordinator
- we may need to meet with the event organiser and their representatives.