Food Businesses

If you run a food business you must tell us about any premises or a vehicle that you use for storing, selling, distributing or preparing food. Food businesses include restaurants, hotels, cafes, shops, supermarkets, staff canteens, warehouses, guest houses, delivery vehicles, market and other stalls, burger and ice cream vans. It is an offence not to be registered.

Register a food business

You must register with us at least 28 days before starting work if:

  • you are starting a new food business
  • the nature of the business has changed
  • you are a new proprietor.

Use the link below to register your business.

Register a food business

Some food businesses are exempt from registration, if you think you might be exempt contact us for advice.

For more information visit the Food Standards Agency.

See requirements for food businesses to find out more about your responsibilities.

Environmental Health

Address: Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Offices
The Campus
Welwyn Garden City

Telephone: 01707 357 242