Advice if you are at risk of homelessness
If you leave home voluntarily (unless you are in danger) you probably won't be entitled to a council home. You may have to rent in private sector and will need to pay for rent and a deposit in advance.
If you feel unsafe at home and are in immediate danger of harm dial 999 and call for the police.
If you need to leave your home for your safety and have nowhere else to stay you can call the numbers below.
- Herts Children's Services - 0300 123 4043 day or night (if you are aged 16-17)
- Call us - 01707 357 000 during in opening hours, or on 0800 111 4484 out of hours
- Shelterline- 0808 800 4444 (for advice and details of a local hostel)
- Childline - 0800 1111 (free 24 hour support helpline for children and young people)
- Herts Young Homeless - freephone 03003 230 130 (if you are16-17) or freephone 08000 355 775 (if you are 18-24)
- Womens Aid - 0808 2000 247 (free 24 hour helpline for victims of domestic violence)