Animals and zoos

Dangerous, exotic or wild animals

You need a licence to keep some animals such as:

  • wild cats
  • primates
  • wild dogs (such as wolves)
  • certain pigs (such as wild boar)
  • marsupials

See the full list of animals you need a licence for.

Apply for a licence to keep a dangerous, exotic or wild animal

You will need to:

Licensing Team

Address: Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
Campus East
The Campus
Welwyn Garden City

Need a printed application?

If you are unable to access the form you need online, you can contact us to ask for a printed copy.