Pavement licence (for selling food and drink)

Pavement licence (selling food and drink)

You can apply for a licence to put removable furniture on the pavement outside your premises to:

  • sell or serve food and drink
  • or for people to sit at to consume food and drink

You can find out more about this type of licence at

Fast Track Pavement Licences

If your business has a Fast Track Pavement Licence (introduced to make it easier to put tables and chairs outside your business during the pandemic) please note that renewals have now been extended until 30 September 2024.

Apply for a pavement licence

You will need to:

To apply complete the pavement licence application and return it to the Licensing Team.

Licensing Team

Address: Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
Campus East
The Campus
Welwyn Garden City

View pavement licence register

Members of the public who wish to make a representation a licence application should contact us at within five working days of the application being published.

View the register