Applying for a personal licence

You or a member of your staff must hold a personal licence if you sell alcohol from licensed premises, so that every sale or supply of alcohol is authorised by a personal licence holder.

Complete the personal licence form


We can only accept personal license applications via post. Please send the following documents:

  • Completed Application Form
  • Completed DBS form
  • DBS Certificate – original required
  • Copy of Passport
  • Right to Work (if required)
  • Qualification Certificate
  • 2 passport sized photos, one endorsed on the reverse


We suggest you post via recorded delivery to the address below:

Hayley Cornforth

Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council

Council Offices

Campus East

Welwyn Garden City

Herts AL8 6AE


Please pay the fee of £37.00 via BACS with the following details:

Account No. 41020900

Sort Code 40-46-08

Ref Licensing

Payee Welwyn Hatfield Council

Fee £37.00