You need to apply for a licence to run a sex establishment such as a Sex Shop or a Sex Cinema:

  • a sex shop is a premises used for selling a significant amount of sex articles
  • a sex cinema is any premises showing films primarily related to or intended to stimulate sexual activity

You can be fined up to £20,000 if you do not have a licence.

Apply for a licence:

You can apply for a licence online.

Sexual entertainment venues

You will also need a licence from us to run a sexual entertainment venue (SEV).

To apply for an SEV licence contact the Licensing Team.