Parking permit application documents
You will need to supply certain documents when you apply for a parking permit permit or visitor vouchers for the first time.
The following documents are required to issue parking permits and need to be resubmitted every 2 years.
Resident Parking Permit
Business Parking Permit
University students who are living in the area must ensure their vehicle is registered or insured to the permit address to be able to apply for a resident permit. Vehicles must be shown to be registered and insured at the permit address you are applying for e.g. the student accommodation/HMO. We no longer accept a vehicle document unless it clearly shows the house number and road name, showing just the postcode will not be acceptable. It is up to the resident to pay any additional costs insurance companies charge to ensure your vehicle is insured at your university residential address.
No resident parking permits will be issued if a vehicle is shown to be insured and registered elsewhere e.g. away from the permit address.
- A valid tenancy agreement showing your name and permit address issued within the last 12 months
- A mortgage statement issued within the last 12 months showing your name and permit address
- A utility bill issued within the last 6 months for your permit address. This can be either: Gas/Water/Electric/TV Service/TV Licence or Landline telephone supplied to the permit address
- The most recent council tax bill issued to your permit address (Usually issued in March each year).
- We do not accept driving licences as proof of residence due to the length of issuance.
- The V5C showing the vehicle is registered to you at your resident permit address
- The insurance schedule showing the vehicle is insured to you at your resident permit address
- If a company vehicle, a letter on headed paper from the office manager confirming you have use of the company vehicle to take home and require a permit.
- A headed letter signed by the office manager confirming you are an employee of the company at the permit address.
- A letter from DwP confirming you are in receipt of state pension
- A bank statement showing pension payment being paid to you.
- A photo of the rear of your badge.