Welwyn Village Planning Consultation
Welwyn Village Planning Consultation 9 November 2022 to 6 January 2023
We are running a consultation on the Welwyn Village Draft Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan.
We have a duty to review conservation areas in the Borough, as well as considering new designations.
A draft appraisal and management plan has been prepared which:
- identifies the special character and appearance of the conservation area
- describes the main features of architectural and historic interest
- identifies opportunities for beneficial change and the need for additional protection
- identifies several areas which could be considered for removal from the conservation area boundary
We would like to hear the views of residents, the community and all other stakeholders.
Take part in the consultation
Go to our online consultation portal to view the appraisal and submit your comments before 5pm on Friday 6 January 2023.
Once the consultation closes:
- a report with comments received will be presented to the Cabinet Planning and Parking Panel (CPPP)
- it will include any proposed modifications to the appraisal and management plan, and the conservation area boundary
If the appraisal and management plan is adopted by the council, it will be used in making decisions about planning applications along with other local and national policy documents.