Anti bribery policy
5.1 The Council is committed to countering bribery and corruption in all forms and will not tolerate it in any of its activities.
5.2 The Council does not, and will not, pay bribes or offer improper inducement to anyone for any purpose. Equally, the Council does not, and will not, accept any bribes or improper inducements or engage indirectly in or otherwise encourage bribery.
5.3 All staff and those working or performing any service on or on behalf of the Council will neither accept nor give bribes.
5.4 It is considered unacceptable to:
- Give, promise to give, or offer payment, gifts or hospitality with the expectation, or hope, that a business advantage will be received, or to reward a business advantage already given;
- Give, promise to give, or offer payment, gifts or hospitality to a government official, agent or representative to “facilitate” or expedite a routine procedure;
- Accept payment from a third party that is offered with the expectation that it will obtain business advantage for them, whether known or suspected;
- Accept a gift or hospitality from a third party if it is offered or provided with an expectation that a business advantage will be provided by the Council in return, whether known or suspected;
- Retaliate against or threaten a person who has refused to commit a bribery offence or who has raised concerns under this policy; or
- Engage in activity in breach of this policy