Report a Change of Circumstance

Report a Change of Circumstance (Benefits)

If you get benefits, you must tell us about change in your circumstances within 21 days. Use the link to complete the form below and return it to the Benefits Team.

You will need your: 

  • benefits claim reference number (top, right-hand side of any benefits letter or email)
  • National Insurance Number​

Report a change in circumstance

Some changes may affect the amount of benefits you receive.


Changes you need to tell us about:

  • if people move out and there is only one person living at home
  • if some moves in and you change from one person to two or more living with you
  • if your property becomes empty
  • if you have a change of address
  • if anyone living in your home has a change of income
  • if someone who is registered taxpayer has died

It is an offence (under the Fraud Act 2006) to knowingly provide us with false or incorrect information.

Benefits Services

Address: Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council Offices
Campus East
The Campus
Welwyn Garden City

Telephone: 01707 357 000

Tell us once

If you need to tell us about someone who has died 'Tell us once' lets you report a death to most government organisations in one go.

Tell us once