Registering to vote
You can only vote in elections if:
- your name is on the register
- you are a British, Irish, Qualifying Commonwealth or European Union citizen.
Please note that:
- every person must register themselves individually
- one person can no longer register for everyone who lives at their address
- registering for other council services does not register you to vote.
Register to vote
Click on the link below to register to vote on the gov.uk website.
If you are not able to register online contact us by email: email@example.com or by telephone on 01707 357 300 to request an application form.
Voting Register updates
We can make changes to the voting register between January and September.
The table below shows when we will update the 2022/2023 register.
|Last date for applications||Date register of electors is updated|
|Monday 12 December 2022||Tuesday 3 January 2023|
|Tuesday 10 January 2023||Wednesday 1 February 2023|
|Tuesday 7 February 2023||Wednesday 1 March 2023|
|Friday 10 March 2023||Monday 3 April 2023|
|Thursday 6 April 2023||Tuesday 2 May 2023|
|Wednesday 10 May 2023||Thursday 1 June 2023|
|Friday 9 June 2023||Monday 3 July 2023|
|Monday 10 July 2023||Tuesday 1 August 2023|
|Thursday 10 August 2023||Friday 1 September 2023|