Registering to vote
You can only vote in elections if:
- your name is on the register
- you are a British, Irish, Qualifying Commonwealth or European Union citizen.
Please note that:
- every person must register themselves individually
- one person can no longer register for everyone who lives at their address
- registering for other council services does not register you to vote.
Register to vote
Click on the link below to register to vote on the gov.uk website.
If you are not able to register online contact us by email: email@example.com or by telephone on 01707 357 300 to request an application form.
Voting Register updates
We can make changes to the voting register between January and September.
The table below shows when we will update the 2021/2022 register.
|Last date for applications||Date register of electors is updated|
|Monday 7 February 2022||Tuesday 1 March 2022|
|Thursday 10 March 2022||Friday 1 April 2022|
|Thursday 7 April 2022||Tuesday 3 May 2022|
|Tuesday 10 May 2022||Wednesday 1 June 2022|
|Thursday 9 June 2022||Friday 1 July 2022|
|Friday 8 July 2022||Monday 1 August 2022|
|Wednesday 10 August 2022||Thursday 1 September 2022|