A complaint may be raised by anyone who believes they have been affected by the council's action (or lack of action) or by the standard of a council service. This may be services delivered directly by the council or another organisation delivering services on the council's behalf.
Our complaints policy classifies a complaint as:
- Incorrect or poor delivery of a service.
- Failure of council staff to follow the correct policy or procedure.
- A member of council staff (or any of our contractors or agents) behaving inappropriately.
- Refusal of the council to provide a service which it should be providing.
Information we need
To submit a complaint, we require the following details for our investigation:
- your personal details (including contact information)
- a detailed explanation of your complaint
- any supporting evidence you may have
If you are contacting us on behalf of another person, we will seek authorisation to deal with you on their behalf.