If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint

If after going through both stages of the procedure you remain unhappy with the way your complaint has been handled, you can appeal to the Ombudsman.

There are two Ombudsman services that can investigate complaints you have reported to us.


Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman investigates complaints of injustice arising from maladministration by Local Government and certain other bodies. The Ombudsmen can investigate complaints about how the council has done something. But they cannot question what a council has done simply because someone does not agree with it.

Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman

PO Box 4771



Telephone: 0300 0610614



Housing Ombudsman

The Housing Ombudsman investigates complaints involving the tenants and leaseholders of social landlords (housing associations and local authorities) and voluntary members (private landlords and letting agents who are committed to good service for their tenants).

If you have exhausted our internal complaints and are dissatisfied with our response you can contact the Housing Ombudsman for assistance.

Housing Ombudsman Service

PO Box 152


L33 7WQ

Telephone: 0300 111 3000




Vexatious and Persistent Behaviour

We define unreasonably persistent and vexatious complaints as those that, because of the frequency or nature of a complainant's contact with our officers, hinder our consideration of their (or other people's) complaints.

We do not expect our staff to tolerate unacceptable behaviour by complainants or any customer and will take firm action to protect them from this.

For more information of how we manage such complaints, or for examples of unreasonable or persistent behaviour, please refer to the council's Vexatious and Persistent Behaviour Policy.