The Golden Goodbye Reward Scheme offers tenants that are moving home the chance to receive £100.
In exchange for the amount offered, we require you to leave your property clean, tidy, in good repair and clear of your belongings (including floor coverings). This will enable new tenants to move in quickly after you have moved out, saving us time and money.
How to qualify
You need to meet the following criteria:
- You don't have any outstanding debts with us.
- You have lived in the property for at least 12 months.
- You have not broken any of the terms and conditions set out in your tenancy agreement in the last two years.
- You have given us four weeks' notice of your departure by completing a termination form.
- You are a transferring tenant and return the keys on the first day of your new tenancy.
- You have allowed an inspection of your home to be carried out before your leaving date.
- You leave your home clean, tidy and in good condition.
- You have carried out all works agreed with our surveyor at the pre-void inspection.
- Potential tenants were allowed to view the property during the notice period.
What qualifies as good condition?
- No work is needed to clean the property
- No work is needed to clear any items from the property, including loft, sheds and garden (This includes all floor coverings)
- No work is required to repair or renew items for which you have responsibility
- No work is needed to replace any DIY items fitted by you. This also applies to the garden, shed, yard, loft area or any storage area that is part of the property.
How much will I get?
You will receive £100.00 if you meet all of the criteria.
When and how will I receive the money?
If you haven't moved out of your property yet, we will discuss your application when you hand in your keys to your local office. If your keys are being returned before the expiry of the notice period and you meet all the eligibility, we will waive the rent due during the remaining notice period and pay you £100.00.
You have up to two weeks after your tenancy ends to apply for this scheme.