Major Works and Section 20 Notices
Schedule 3 – Qualifying Works Carried Out Under a Qualifying Long Term Agreement
In schedule 3 the landlord will have previously entered into a long-term agreement with a contractor (or group of contractors) to carry out major works over a set period of time.
The process includes:
- identifying the work required
- asking the contractor(s) to quote for the works
- once costs are returned, the landlord begins a one-stage S20 consultation with affected residents
- the consultation period will last for a minimum of 30 days
- estimated costs will be included within the notice.