Join the Residents Panel
If you are a council housing tenant or leaseholder is interested in joining the panel contact us.
The recruitment process
You will be offered an informal chat with our Resident Involvement Officer (RIO) and the Chair of the panel.
We will give you more information about the role and you can attend a meeting as an observer.
We will meet again and, if all agree, you can be elected onto the panel at the next meeting.
Skills needed to be a Resident Panel member
To be an effective member of the panel you will need:
- to be available for monthly meetings on the last Wednesday evening of every month (apart from August & December)
- to be available occasionally for other meetings if you are involved in a scrutiny review or other groups
- time to read any information sent to you before the meeting and prepared to give your comments
- an enquiring mind
- a genuine passion to work in partnership to improve services for everyone
- to be IT literate (not essential but helpful)
We can offer training on anything else.
Training provided for Residents Panel members
There is training to help you understand how the service operates and is funded.
We also offer networking opportunities with involved residents from other areas to share best practice.