Religious Communities Council Tax discount

Ministers of religious communities

If you are a Minister of Religion the owner of your home pays the Council Tax. This may be you if you are the owner.

If a property is empty until a new Minister of Religion moves in it is exempt from Council Tax.


Members of religious communities

Members of a religious community are not counted for Council Tax. This is if their main work is classed as prayer, contemplation, education or the relief of suffering.


Apply for a discount

Complete a  Council Tax Discount Claim Form . You can also get this form from the Council Tax office.